BILL Forum

BILL Forum

Funding route post April 1st 2013

HOME Forum User Group Discussion Forum Funding route post April 1st 2013

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wendy 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wendy
    Keymaster

Hi all,

As a new amputee (LAK following RTA in Feb 2013) my entire clinical team are of one voice with respect to my needs being better served by a microprocessor leg rather than a mechanical device. I have been given a KX06 mechanical leg. The team will apply for funding for me (the route used to be your PCT). Nobody now seems to know the route for funding applications, so we can’t make one. I need the leg now, the delay would normally be 6M and it is now likely to be longer as the new process is not public yet. 2 questions

Does anyone know the route and current funding process?

If I paid for the leg myself now, stayed with the NHS, would I be able to be reimbursed by the NHS if my application is successful further down the line?

wendy
    Keymaster

I really hope that someone who knows more about these things comes along to advise you.  I’m a recent amputee (RBK following a surgeon’s error) but don’t know anything about funding.  I know it’s going to take some years to receive any compensation, but the first thing I’m going to do is have a new leg that is near the top of the range.  Don’t get me wrong, the NHS have been wonderful, but their budgets only cover so much for the amputees.  They do their best and I am really grateful, but I want better, I know you understand that 🙂

I’m in Scotland and we have The Murray Foundation –  http://www.murray-foundation.org.uk/ .  Perhaps if you contacted them they could advise you?  I don’t know if they can but it’s worth a try to see if they know a way to get funding anywhere else.

Hope you do get the funding and get a proper leg.

Jay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

It's only fair to share...Pin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone