BILL Forum

BILL Forum

Legal Advice

HOME Forum Discussion Forum Legal Advice

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  wendy 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

wendy
    Keymaster

I have been speaking with the members of the Limb Loss Legal Panel about offering amputees a real time chat with legal experts. is this something that users might be interested in? Do let me have your throughts.

Thanks Kiera

wendy
    Keymaster

I would, for example the other day a police car pulled me up and asked me to get out of the car onto a busy main road, i said i was unable to as i had recently had surgery on my stump and was unable to, he was offended that i had declined to do as he had told me, he then went on to say that disabled people should not drive and as he could see the top of my leg i was lying about my disability he then gave me a ticket for indicating and changing lanes and Road Rage! because i refused to get out of the car, i was gobsmacked but what can you do when faced with a young traffic cop who feels he has absolute power over us mere disabled people, at present i have done nothing although other police officers have told me to complain. But i dont think this is the sort of advice you are on about, however i feel better now!!!

wendy
    Keymaster

hey there, i got one fer ya fuji, i was runnin bout 80 mile an hour on interstate 95 in southern florida.speed limit was 70. off to the left i seen a state trooper a hiding in the woods,well i figured why slow down for i surely was caught.yep that v-8 small block ford was a hummin. and i noticed a mercury with blue lighjts and a siren behind me.well i picked it on up to well bout 90 i reckon, before i realised he was a chasin me haw haw. i stopped my rod and a shut down that motor. the trooper says on the public address DRIVER BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL!!!!!!!!!ah hell.. i put one up.he said with his gun drawed, to his partner, watch him he got something in his hand… his partner walked over to the passenger window and looked at the other cop saying hell he aint got but one.nun the less that was a 175 dollar ticket …………………………….but what do i know,,,joe in puerto rico

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

It's only fair to share...Pin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone