BILL Forum

BILL Forum

limb centres

HOME Forum User Group Discussion Forum limb centres

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wendy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

wendy
    Keymaster

Hello all, I am above knee amputee with a small stump about 7 inches long that is fluidy. I have had lots of ongoing problems with fitting over 30 years, i have tried 2 limb centres 1 in Plymouth and Exeter with not much success,I live in Cornwall does any body know of any limb centres that they could suggest I am willing to travel.

wendy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can only vouch for Rookwood Hospital and the ALAC centre there in Cardiff.

I had a right BKA in August, new prosthetic in mid November and was discharged at the end of November with the limb.

They are busy there, but tend to get thing sorted. Also I find that if you accept delays, rather than complaining, they will leave you. It’s a case of fighting for you position in the queue. So if you’re easily persuaded to wait, they see you then as a lower priority.

That said in 3 weeks, I went from a new limb to walking with a single walking stick, and passing my driving assessment (so I can drive without modifications).

Hope this helps, but I’m sure others will have further information for their respective areas.

wendy
    Keymaster

Hi jason

Thanks for your reply! hope it works out for u !!

Trevor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

It's only fair to share...Pin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone