BILL Forum

BILL Forum

GOOD, BAD, INDIFFERENT ???

HOME Forum User Group Discussion Forum GOOD, BAD, INDIFFERENT ???

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wendy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wendy
    Keymaster

Hi, just thought I’d ask how User Groups were going on these days. It’s a good while since anyones done a ‘post’.

So, how’s it going? Is your group dynamic or dying? Strong or struggling? Are your members fantastic or flagging?

Well, it’ll be good to hear your news, views & comments. Maybe now some groups have successfully become charities in their own right & can raise funds for fantastic activities & meetings. But maybe your having a hard time, encompassed with red tape, the NHS/DSC limiting or crushing your efforts into a crumbling pile of frustration.

Lets ‘roll it’ !!! Well,. . . . . ! leggz

wendy
    Keymaster

Hi Leggz,

I`m soldiering on as normal. My mobility is still virtually nil thanks to ongoing problems with my stump, which I have posted about before. On a more positive note after my melt down described in earlier posts, I finally have plastic surgeon consultation a week tomorrow. I am hoping beyond hope that a solution can be found to the pain I have caused by the lesions(sic) at the back on the fleshy part of my stump! I miss being active and also being able to put on leg and not be crippled by pain. My prosthetist is awaiting outcome of this appointment before recast etc as likely I need more surgery although as I`ve had a prescription for a `wet` leg for 4 years, I`m thinking baby steps lol.

Yours, the ever (trying to be) cheerful friend from the north Helen 🙂

PS-I`m not in any group apart from this, I think my nearest is about 50 miles away although I do occasionally see fellow limbless folk in my area I never have the guts to approach them.

H

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

It's only fair to share...Pin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone